What it is:
Antioxidant-rich overnight oil formula works to nourish while promoting collagen production to improve elasticity, skin texture, and increasing cell turnover leaving the skin looking smoother, firmer, brighter and plumper.
Features and Benefits:
- Organic Bakuchiol, extracted from the Babchi or Bakuchi Seed, is an ancient phyto-extract that has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. Bakuchiol is a plant-based Retinol alternative clinically proven in scientific studies to be just as effective as Retinol for stimulating collagen production and increasing cell turnover which makes it the best serum ingredient for reducing wrinkles, increasing hydration, decreasing hyperpigmentation and spots, evening skin tone, pore shrinking, helping acne breakouts, and increasing firmness without the common irritating side effects of Retinol. Expect to quickly notice the plumping, firming, scar and blemish correcting, moisturizing and smoothing effects of our well-formulated Retinol alternative bakuchiol serum.
- CoQ10 is a fundamental antioxidant required by all cells to produce energy. Over time CoQ10 levels in the cells decrease and the cells become less energetic and less able to function resulting in the appearance of visible aging signs in the face such as dull and wrinkled skin. Increasing the CoQ10 levels in the skin with topical application firms, energizes the cells to promote damage repair, and remove toxins, resulting in more vibrant skin.
- CoQ10 antioxidant activity helps create a natural barrier to shield the skin from the effects of environmental oxidative damage and helps decrease collagen breakdown.
- Black Seed Oil (also known as Black Cumin Seed Oil), known traditionally for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidants, and antimicrobial properties, is rich in amino acids, vitamin A, carotenoids, and fatty acids which help strengthen collagen and elastin fibers. One of the active compounds in Black Seed Oil is thymoquinone, an anti-inflammatory that could help reduce the appearance of puffiness, redness, and other signs of inflammation in the skin. Black Cumin Seed Oil is also high the fatty acids Linoleic and Oleic Acid which helps keep the skin moisture barrier strong and moisturizes dry and flaky skin.
- Immortelle (Helichrysum) is a powerhouse emollient and detoxifier that helps nourish, promote skin regeneration, and prevents the accumulation of free radicals. Immortelle is well known for protecting the skin, preventing breakdown of collagen and elastin, and erasing microbes that harm the skin.
- Calendula, traditionally used for its skin soothing and calming benefits, helps aid the skin's natural healing processes. Calendula is rich in antioxidant flavonoids and carotenoids as well as the fatty acids linoleic and calendic acids which combined contribute to helping limit trans-epidermal water loss, leaving skin feeling more hydrated and plumper.
Apply to face, neck, and décolletage at night and wake up with a natural glow.
Pairs well with and can be applied after the 8% Polypeptide Collagen Revitalizing Toning Serum, Vitamin B Intensive Hyaluronic Acid Serum, or the 15% Vitamin C Correcting Serum.
Organic Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Seed Oil, Watermelon (Citrullus Vulgaris) Seed Oil, Rosehip (Rosa Canina) Seed Oil, Black Seed Oil / Black Cumin (Nigella Sativa) Seed Oil, Bakuchiol (Babchi / Bakuchi /Psoralea Corylifolia) Seed Extract, Immortelle (Helichrysum Italicum) Flower Extract, Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Rose Absolute (Rosa Centifolia) Flower Extract, Frankincense (Boswellia Carterii) Resin Extract, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum) Oil, Coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone) and Vitamin E (Tocopherol).
Commonly asked questions
Is bakuchiol better than retinol?
We know with all skin types as we age, along with our body and health, our skin can become less vibrant, with wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles, larger pores, and other signs of aging becoming more noticeable; especially if we've neglected using the best skincare products, moisturizer, and ample sun protection. To counteract these common signs of aging in the face, people have for years made a choice to use different forms and strengths of retinol (Vitamin A derivative) and endured the associated side effects of retinol such as dryness, redness, and peeling. Fortunately, modern science has finally caught up with centuries old Ayurvedic beauty wisdom and started delving into the benefits of the Babchi (Psoralea Corylifolia) seeds, known for its famous skin treatment extract, bakuchiol. The scientific studies on Bakuchiol are voluminous. One impressive recent study published in the British Journal of Dermatology compared natural bakuchiol to retinol. The study found that "bakuchiol and retinol both significantly decreased wrinkle surface area and hyperpigmentation, with no statistical difference between the compounds. The retinol users reported more facial skin scaling and stinging." The dermatologists authoring the study concluded that "bakuchiol is comparable with retinol in its ability to improve photoaging and is better tolerated than retinol. Bakuchiol is promising as a more tolerable alternative to retinol." (Dhaliwal, S., Rybak, I., Ellis, S. R., Notay, M., Trivedi, M., Burney, W., Vaughn, A. R., Nguyen, M., Reiter, P., Bosanac, S., Yan, H., Foolad, N., & Sivamani, R. K. (2019). Prospective, randomized, double-blind assessment of topical bakuchiol and retinol for facial photoageing. The British journal of dermatology, 180(2), 289–296. https://doi.org/10.1111/bjd.16918) The science-based findings of this bakuchiol study are impressive. Bakuchiol performs as well as Retinol with less irritation. This information is great news for those people who want to find natural skin care products for their daily skincare routine but also want to use products that are active and effective for aging skin.
In conclusion, bakuchiol is a natural solution for people looking to help turn around the signs of aging. People who want a smoothing serum, firming serum, glow cream, anti aging serum all in one bottle. With its potent retinol like effects, bakuchiol can help to keep the skin firm, hydrated, smooth and brightened. Our 2% Bakuchiol with CoQ10 and Black Seed Overnight formula blends bakuchiol with amazingly supportive and complimentary extracts to enhance the effects of this natural retinol alternative ensuring maximum and quick results. So, if you're looking for a natural solution to aging skin, be sure to give our bakuchiol serum a try!
Is the bakuchiol serum vegan and cruelty-free?
You bet it is! All our serums are vegan and perfect for the herbivore! We don't use animal products or byproducts Bakuchiol Serum and we are a cruelty-free brand so we don't test on animals.
Do you use synthetic chemicals or fragrances in your products?
We don't use any synthetic chemicals or fragrances in any of our products. The beautiful scent of the 2% Bakuchiol Overnight Oil comes from using just the right amount and percentage of natural flower, plant, and seed extracts in the formula. There is a delicate smell of rose and cardamon in this oil making it a wonderful bedtime experience.
"Discover the Secret to Glowing Skin: The Benefits of Bakuchiol Serum for Your Skincare Routine"
Bakuchiol Serum is a natural alternative to Retinol, derived from the Ayurvedic Babchi plant. This powerful serum is a game-changer for those seeking a natural and effective solution for aging skin. It's been clinically proven to reduce the appearance of wrinkles by up to 45% in just 8 weeks and reduce the appearance of dark spots by up to 32% in the same time frame.
Not only does Bakuchiol Serum target the signs of aging, it also helps to hydrate the skin, increasing hydration by up to 17% in 8 weeks. It also increases skin firmness by up to 21% in 8 weeks, making it a great addition to any skincare routine.
This serum is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin, and is non-irritating and non-sensitizing. It's gentle enough to be used daily and can be used in combination with other skincare products. As a powerful antioxidant, Bakuchiol Serum helps to protect the skin from environmental damage and free radicals.
In conclusion, Bakuchiol Serum is a fantastic addition to your skincare routine, offering natural and effective benefits for your skin. So say goodbye to retinol and hello to glowing, radiant skin with Bakuchiol Serum!
(A few tips: Not only will you find our bakuchiol oil is one of the best bakuchiol products, but we also offer supporting options in our serums that pair well with our bakuchiol oil. These serums contain many active natural ingredients such as niacinamide, natural peptide chains, and even a phenomenal eye serum for the crow's and dark circles around the eyes. You can mix any combination of these serums and oils for some hands down amazing results. Some people have reported a lot of superior results using the bakuchiol serum on the tops of the hands for spots and wrinkles on the hands.)
- Calculated at Checkout